Mobile Games Market Size, Demand, Outlook, Trends, Revenue, Forecast Future Growth Opportunities 2022-2031
Japan, Japan, Wed, 09 Mar 2022 07:41:46 / Comserve Inc. / — Mobile Games market with top country data, industry analysis, size, share, revenue, important players, developing technologies, trends and forecasts
The mobile games market is expected to register a CAGR of 14% during the forecast period. According to VentureLab, the number of active mobile gamers reached 2221.9 billion in September 2019. Indeed, smartphones are convenient and can be used for various activities. According to VentureLab, playing games accounts for 43% of all smartphone users. This supports the growth of the market.
– In addition, virtual reality and augmented reality are expected to play an increasingly important role in the gaming market. Games like Niantic Lab’s Pokemon Go and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite are location-based games that leverage augmented reality and use Google Maps to augment a mythical world filled with characters from the Pokemon and Harry Potter universes. , in the physical world. Players search for hidden characters on their mobile screen, and in the real world, they end up walking several miles, which is then reflected in their Google Fit app, which helps players track distance and steps. This development is expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth.
– Additionally, more than 55% of mobile gamers are around 55 years old and only 8% are teenagers, as reported by VentureLab. This is mainly due to the popularity of hyper-casual and casual games, which do not require much skill and can be played by any user. Hyper-casual and casual games like Candy Crush and Angry Birds were among the most downloaded games of 2018.
– However, the mobile games market is seasonal in nature, which means that the popularity of games fades with each passing day; hence, the demand for new games is difficult to predict, which is restraining the growth of the market.
Get sample copy of this report with charts and graphs: https://www.sdki.jp/sample-request-84110
Mobile games are the engine of revenue generation for the entire gaming industry. Mobile games market reports include information on different types of gamers, genres of different mobile games and their methods of promotion. In terms of regional analysis, the report is segmented into North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Additionally, the reports contain information on upcoming trends and challenges that will influence the growth of the market.
Main market trends
Free pricing model offers potential growth
– Free-to-play is the pricing model preferred by most mobile game developers due to its unlimited potential and can be downloaded at no cost. This allows players to sample a game before deciding if they want to spend time or money, and tends to generate higher revenue.
– Games such as Pokémon GO follow a free-to-play model, and according to Bank of America, in the United States in 2016, 27 million users played it, and it is estimated to exceed 67 million by 2020. And in the Asia-Pacific region, the number of gamers is expected to increase from 84 million to 311 million in the same time frame. Therefore, the growing number of users are expected to have a positive view of the market.
– Additionally, Hyper Casual games are primarily monetized through advertising and captured more than half of all gaming application downloads by 2017. Seeing the future in these games, Zynga acquired Gram Games for $250 million in 2018, and in the same year Goldman Sachs also invested $200 million in Voodoo.
– In addition, this model is set to evolve with the development of technologies such as augmented reality and 5G. With the rollout of 5G, coupled with faster download speeds, video ads are expected to increase in quality and engagement.
– For example, in April 2019, Hatch, in collaboration with Samsung, launched 5G cloud gaming in the United States with the launch of the Hatch for Samsung app. With Samsung’s first 5G flagship phone, the Galaxy S10 5G, customers were able to stream popular games like Hitman GO, Monument Valley and Arkanoid Rising instantly.
– Therefore, due to the factors mentioned above, the free game pricing model is expected to drive the mobile game market in the future.
China will hold the largest market share exhibitions
– With increasing investment in the private sector, strong government support and the availability of young talent are the main factors supporting the growth of the Chinese mobile game market.
– Moreover, China is home to many mobile game publishers, such as Tencent Holdings Ltd. Tencent Holdings is one of the biggest game companies in the world and is mainly present in the field of mobile games. In March 2019, the company invited developers to create games on its messaging and social media app WeChat.
– Additionally, WeChat launched its minigames program in 2018, which included opening up access to the current API and localizing developer documentation to help publish titles in China. And companies like Google have also joined the Mini-Game ecosystem with the Guess My Sketch game. Currently, WeChat has over 1 billion monthly active users, and due to its growing popularity, it is expected to have a positive impact on the market.
– Additionally, with the growing number of 5G connections in the country, the market is expected to witness further growth. For example, in June 2019, Qualcomm Technologies announced a joint demonstration with ZTE of 5G-powered cloud gaming on a live 5G network. This uses Tencent Instant Play’s cloud gaming solutions on 5G smartphones and aims to demonstrate that console-quality mobile gaming experiences are achievable over live 5G networks.
– Therefore, all of the above factors make China a global market leader.
Download a sample PDF of this report: – https://www.sdki.jp/sample-request-84110
The mobile games market is competitive in nature owing to the presence of major players such as Tencent Holdings Limited, Activision Blizzard, Inc, and Zynga, Inc., among others. Large companies develop advanced technologies and launch new products in order to remain competitive in the market. Seeing the growth opportunity in the market, companies enter the market. For example in India, the number of game development companies has grown from 25 in 2010 to over 250 in 2018. Few recent developments in the market are:
– November 2018 – Rovio Entertainment Corp. acquired PlayRaven Oy. This acquisition bolsters Rovio’s expansion into mobile strategy games.
– November 2018 – Jam City announced a multi-year mobile game development partnership with Disney. Through this partnership, Jam City has the rights to develop new mobile games based on iconic characters and stories from Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios. The first game Jam City and Disney plan to develop is a mobile game based on Disney Animation’s Frozen sequel.
1.1 Study deliverables
1.2 Assumptions of the study
1.3 Scope of the study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Emergence of augmented reality, location-based services and blockchain
4.3.2 Growth of mini-games (WeChat, QQ platforms, etc.)
4.4 Market Constraints
4.4.1 Issues such as hacking, laws and regulations, and concerns about fraud in gambling transactions
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of new entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining power of buyers/consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MOBILE GAMES MARKET TRENDS
Access the full report here: Mobile games market
The dynamic nature of the business environment in today’s global economy increases the need among business professionals to update themselves with current market situations. To meet these needs, Shibuya Data Count provides market research reports to various professionals in different verticals, such as healthcare and pharmaceuticals, IT and telecommunications, chemicals and advanced materials, goods consumption and food, energy and electricity, manufacturing and construction, industry. automation and equipment and agriculture and related activities, among others.
For more information please contact:
Shibuya Data Count
Email: [email protected]
Tel: + 81 3 45720790
The post Mobile Games Market Size, Demand, Outlook, Trends, Revenue, Future Growth Opportunity Forecast 2022-2031 appeared first on Comserveonline.
Partner Content URL: